The future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Communications Training will take place on several Tuesdays in February 2021. Each training will help you learn techniques for improving communication in your church. Join the virtual training using Zoom Webinar links provided upon registration. All times for the workshop sessions are in the Central time zone.
- Session 1: Writing a Good Story. Whether it is sharing a story with your community or with your annual conference, the first step is learning to tailor your message to resonate with the audience. Come join this workshop as we discuss best practices for effective writing with the goal of sharing the stories of your church and its vital work. We will explore the key basics of storytelling through writing, the power of story, in addition to how and why it is important for local churches to share their stories. (February 9, 1pm - 2pm CT)
- Session 2: Digital Storytelling. How can churches tell their using digital media? Learn how to move from a reactive approach to a proactive communication strategy in a digital space. During our time together, we will explore how to leverage technology to close the gap and increase connection with your community in a n increasingly digital world. (February 16, 1pm - 2pm CT)
- Session 3: Your Church Website. A church website is a vital tool to help ministries tell stories of faith and share messages. In this session, we will identify key components for building an effective website strategy. Additionally, we we will give ideas on how UMCom can help you launch a church website that engages members and seekers.(February 23, 1pm - 2pm CT)
Course Start Date:
Participants will have access to the training material from registration date, and access will close on May 24, 2021.
What will I learn?
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand the best practices for effective writing.
- Tailor your message to resonate with your audience.
- Use effective communication channels to share the story of your church.
- Create a communication plan for your digital strategy.
- Identify key components for building an effective website strategy.
- Get ideas on how UMCom can help launch a church website that engages members and seekers.
What can I expect?
- You will have access to the training material for six months starting from the day you register.
- You will be able to download resources to share with other leaders and church members.
Refund Policy: For fee-based courses, a full refund (100%) of the purchase price will be issued upon request from the date of purchase through the first seven days of the course. There are no refunds offered after the seventh day of the course.